For Companies

22 Jun

Running a limited company can be stressful and you need to focus on what you do, leaving the accounting, tax planning and filing requirements of Companies House and HMRC to a chartered accountant.
Child & Child is very experienced in advising limited companies. We have been helping businesses like yours for over thirty years.
We can help you record transactions in a simple manner so that you aren’t spending ages on what many clients feel is the ”boring” bit!
VAT is an important issue for all businesses – when must you register, should you “voluntarily” register if your turnover is below the annual threshold which is sometimes beneficial.
If you take on staff/freelancers should they be an employee or can they invoice you as a freelancer? We help you ascertain this, an area HMRC are very keen to look into in enquiries.
Is your company ownership structured in the most tax-efficient manner -are any other family members involved in the business? Should they have a dividend or a salary?
We help you with:

Initially setting up as a limited company

Everything – we can provide a full service of ongoing book-keeping, year end statutory and management account preparation and submission of all required documents to Companies House

Year end Corporation Tax computed in the most tax-efficient manner, completion and submission of all relevant returns to HMRC

Preparing profit and loss account for you to understand where your business may save money by cutting costs

Claiming all possible expenses, the tax implications of the timing of business purchases

Tax planning on the most beneficial methods to take funds out of the company – dividends/salary/directors’ loan

Should you have a company pension?

Is IR35 an issue for your company if you only/mainly service one client?

Capital Gains Tax planning on disposals of shares/properties owned by your company to minimise tax liabilities

Preparation, calculation and completion of VAT returns – compliance with Making Tax Digital

Running of Payroll for directors and employees

Ongoing business development advice

Advising on the implications of ongoing changes in tax legislation


go back to home page